At Cascade Behavioral Health, we understand that deciding to get help for a behavioral or mental health disorder can be a stressful experience. Once you have made that courageous decision, the last thing you need in your life is a new set of frustrations.
For that reason, we have worked diligently to make our admissions process as efficient and effective as possible. Yes, you will need to answer a few questions. And yes, there will be a bit of paperwork to complete. But we are confident that as you progress through our streamlined process, you will see that every step is designed with the following two purposes in mind:
- To get you into treatment as quickly as possible
- To ensure that you get the type and level of care that is best suited to your specific strengths, needs, and treatment goals
This page exists to provide you with a general overview of our admissions process. At any time, if you have any specific questions about getting into treatment at Cascade Behavioral Health, please do not hesitate to pick up the phone and give us a call.
A member of our team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to provide you with the answers that you need in order to make the most informed decisions for yourself or on behalf of a loved one.
All admissions decisions at Cascade Behavioral Health are made on a case-by-case basis after a careful review of each prospective patient’s specific needs. However, we do have certain general criteria that each person must meet in order to be cared for at our center:
- Our program serves adult men and women, ages 18 and above
- Prospective patients must be in need of acute psychiatric care or inpatient substance abuse treatment
- We cannot accept patients with significant medical needs, including, but not limited to, portable oxygen, catheters, and ostomy bags
If at any point during the admissions process we determine that Cascade is not the best fit for you or your loved one, we will provide referrals to programs that may be better suited to meeting your or your loved one’s needs.
Starting the Process
To begin the admissions process, you have a variety of options:
- You may call us 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- You come directly to our center for an in-person evaluation. This option is also available 24/7, though we encourage you to call first for an appointment in order to minimize your wait time.
- Your current healthcare provider may call us or fax pertinent clinical information to our intake staff for our review.
If you or your loved one is at a hospital in our area, a member of our Mobile Access Team (MAT) may be able to perform an onsite assessment and admission screening. To determine if you are eligible for MAT services, speak with a staff member at the hospital or call us at your convenience.
Getting into Treatment
When you contact Cascade Behavioral Health to start the admissions process, you will complete a brief admissions screening to determine if our treatment center is the appropriate place for you. You will also speak with one of our staff members to discuss the cost of care. This friendly and knowledgeable individual can help you confirm your insurance coverage and answer all of your financial questions.
After that, a member of our intake staff will schedule an appointment time for your admission. When you arrive for your admissions appointment, here is what you can expect:
- You will complete a face-to-face assessment with a member of our intake staff to ensure that we have all the information we need in order to develop your personalized treatment plan.
- We will inventory your valuables and extra clothing and place them in our secure belongings storage area.
- A member of our team will check to ensure that you are not in possession of any contraband, including drugs, alcohol, items that could be used as a weapon, items that could be used for self-harm, and items that are not conducive to maintaining a therapeutic environment.
- You will be escorted to your room, introduced to your roommate, oriented to the unit schedule and expectations, and helped to be made as comfortable as possible in the hospital environment.
If Cascade Behavioral Health is the right place for you, our goal is to get you into treatment with minimal delay so that you can start living the healthier life that you deserve.
As noted above, a member of our team is available 24/7 to answer all of your questions and help you determine if Cascade Behavioral Health is the perfect place to begin your recovery journey. To get the information that you need in order to make the most informed decision for yourself or your loved one, please do not hesitate to contact us at your earliest convenience.