We aspire to provide a therapeutic and serene environment here at Cascade. Patients are involved in scheduled therapy programs throughout the day. Minimal interruptions provide optimal outcomes. Your support and encouragement for your loved one is an important part of patient care and can be best achieved by observing scheduled visiting hours.
- No outside food or drinks are allowed on the units.
- Refer to list of approved items patients may have during their inpatient hospitalization.
- Number of visitors is limited to two (2). Exceptions are allowed for family therapy on the Rehabilitation/Stabilization Unit.
- Geropsychiatry and Addiction Recovery Rehabilitation units accept visitors age 12 and above.
Adult Acute Psychiatric Unit accepts visitors age 18 and above.
- Please turn off cell phones while on the units.
- Taking photographs is prohibited while on patient units to protect confidentiality.
- Please do not wear perfumes. These scents can negatively affect patients.
- If you exhibit cold or flu like symptoms, please do not visit. Visit when you are well. We are committed to preserving the mental and physical health of our patients.
Visiting hours are:
- Geropsychiatry Unit: Daily from 12:00pm – 2:00pm and 3:00pm – 7:00pm
- Detox Unit: NO VISITORS are permitted
- Adult Acute Psychiatric Unit: Daily from 6:00pm – 7:00pm
- Inpatient Addiction Recovery Rehabilitation:
- Visitation hours are Thursday 6:00pm – 7:30pm, Saturday & Sunday 1:00pm – 4:00pm.
- Family group attendance is a REQUIREMENT for visitation on Thursdays only. All visitors must attend this group meeting; this occurs at the beginning of the meeting for the first 45 minutes. Family group is an important part of the patient’s recovery, therefore more than two visitors are allowed. There may be circumstances where staff limits the size of the family group as necessary, based on patient and unit needs.
- Patients are involved in structured group activities throughout the day and evening and may not always be available to receive calls.
- Family calls may be made to the nursing staff between 10:00am – 8:00pm.
For patient confidentiality, please have patient’s access code ready prior to calling.
Thank you for helping us create a healing environment.
Approved patient’s items:
- Up to four (4) sets of comfortable clothing
- At least up to five days of undergarments
- Sandals, slippers, and shoes
- NO laces, metal-tipped toes, high heels, or heavy boots
- Toothbrush, hairbrush, plastic & rounded combs
- Eyeglasses, hearing aids, dentures
- Appropriate pictures, no frame or glass
- Wire-free notebooks
- Appropriate novels/books
It is encouraged that patients label all articles of clothing and items. A case will be provided and labeled for dentures and hearing aids.
Please refrain from bringing patients:
- Checks and checkbooks.
- Credit Cards
- Jewelry, including necklaces of any length (wedding rings are allowed)
- Electronics (cell phones, iPod’s, iPad’s, tablets, radios, laptops, etc.)
- All electrical or battery-operated devices (hair dryers, curling irons, electrical shavers, etc.)
- Metal hangers, letter openers, pencil sharpeners, metal containers, or other sharp items
- Pillows and blankets (due to health & sanitary regulations)
- Tobacco products (including e-cigarettes & vapes)
- Plastic bags, luggage, duffel bags, purses
- Fingernail clippers, files (metal or cardboard), and tweezers
- Belts, shoelaces, handkerchiefs, scarves, and clothing with ties or drawstrings
- Drawstrings partially sewn in hoodies, pajamas, coats, and sweaters
- Strings or laces of any kind in shoes, including leather lading woven into shoes
- Shoes with metal-tipped toes, high heels
- Glass or ceramic objects, vases, and picture frames
- Sewing needles, hooks, or scissors of any kind
- Cosmetic containers, compacts with mirror, cosmetic sharpeners
- No products containing alcohol, including mouthwash, gel, toothpaste, perfume, cologne
- No aerosols or perfume
- Shaving equipment
- Nail polish, hair pins, bobby pins
- Food of any kind (due to health regulations)
- Knives, pocket knives, razor blades
- Tools (hammers, screwdrivers, wrenches, etc)
- Box cutters, scissors
- Guns and ammunition
- Pepper spray
- Matches, lighters
Cascade Behavioral Hospital appreciates your cooperation in ensuring a safe and healthy environment. If you have any questions, please ask to speak with the Unit Manager.