Cascade Behavioral Health Hospital accepts direct admissions for our adult inpatient/outpatient programming and our geriatric inpatient programming from a variety of referral sources located throughout the community.
Cascade Behavioral Health's professional referral process
Our welcoming intake staff is available 24 hours a day to pre-screen direct admissions, consult with our physicians, and verify insurance benefits. All staff members at Cascade Behavioral Health Hospital are fully able to answer any questions that you may have about the programs we offer and our admissions process so that you will be able to determine if our center will best fit your patient’s needs. If you prefer, you can also obtain additional information to present your recommendations for the referral to your patient. This way clients have the option of accessing treatment by calling our admissions department independently.
If you are referring a patient for our adult inpatient programming, the referral process includes:
- Call our intake department, which can be accessed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Documentation needed:
- Write-up with presenting problems that indicates requirements met for acute inpatient admission
- Primary mental health diagnosis
- Complete medication list
- List of medical problems that may exist
- Demographic sheet with patients information
- Insurance and photo ID
- Signed release of information form permitting Cascade BH to communicate back to the referral source
If you are referring a patient for our geriatric programming, here is what is needed to start the referral process:
- Factsheet with complete demographic information
- Insurance information
- If there is a Guardian or Healthcare Power of Attorney with legal documentation
- An assessment describing in detail the presenting problems, behaviors, and symptoms that indicate that the individual meets criteria for acute care inpatient stabilization
- Medical and psychiatric diagnosis sheets
- Medication list
- Four-to-five days of nurse notes to indicate patterns of behavior or symptoms
- Most recent lab work, including urinalysis
- Referring agencies should note that patients admitted to our Geriatric Program need to be returned to their residence upon discharge.
If it is determined that our treatment center is appropriate for your patient, once the appropriate level of care is determined, we will begin the treatment process immediately. At Cascade Behavioral Health Hospital, we are here to meet your needs and those of your patients, so don’t hesitate to contact our staff with any questions or concerns. Our professional admissions staff will try to make the referral process as smooth and streamlined as possible. We value all of our referral sources and understand how much you care about your patients.
Criteria for admission to Cascade Behavioral Health
All admissions decisions at Cascade Behavioral Health Hospital are made on a case-by-case basis after a careful review of each prospective patient’s specific needs. However, we do have certain general criteria that each person must meet in order to receive care at our center:
- Our programs serve adult men and women, ages 18 and above.
- Prospective patients must be in need of acute psychiatric care or inpatient substance abuse treatment.
- We cannot accept patients with significant medical needs, including, but not limited to, portable oxygen, catheters, and ostomy bags.
If at any point during the admissions process we determine that Cascade is not the best fit for your patient, we will provide referrals to other programs that may be better suited to meeting his or her needs.
More information for Cascade's Professional Referral Sources
Cascade Behavioral Health Hospital will pre-certify all referral insurance coverages with the exception of Medicaid, Humana, and Kaiser Permanente.
We accept most major insurance, including Medicaid, Medicare, and TRICARE
All referrals will be considered on a case-by-case basis by our intake clinicians.